Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hi, Everybody!

Hello.  For those of you who don't know me, my name is Justin Kosch.  I'm a film student, TV salesman, and budding standup comedian.

I am also a caffeine addict, pizza aficionado, fried foodie, reality TV junkie, horror movie freak, Ace of Base loving virgin who has struggled with my weight since the first George Bush was in office.

Three years ago, I started college at 346 pounds.  And before you wiseasses get any remarks in, yes I was still able to fit in the desks.  Barely, but still able.

I wanted to use my freshman year in college as a new beginning.  I decided to join a gym, eat healthier, and finally lose all the excess weight.

After a year, I had lost forty pounds.  On the day I hit exactly 40, I decided to celebrate and conquer something I had always wanted to try: standup comedy.  And on September 4, 2008, a monster had been created.  That first laugh brought me into a new world that I have never wanted to leave.  Or some other sentimental bullshit.

By this time last year, I had hit my all-time low of 281 pounds.  That's 65 less than when I started for those of you who are sucky at math.

However, things suddenly changed.  I dunno whether it was the hard school year (since my dumbass chose to save all the hard classes for my associates until the end), or if I got complacent, but before I knew it I had gained a lot of it back.  I am not going to divulge how much just yet, because I'm not proud.  Either way, I knew if I didn't do something soon, I would have undone two years worth of work in no time.

So that's where Perro Sexivo comes in.

The name originated from an admittedly poor translation.  I typed Sexy Bitch into Altavista's Spanish translator and got Perra Attractiva.  Even though I finished four semesters of Spanish, my command of the language is very minimal.  But I knew I'd have to change it to Perro.  I started signing up for open mics with Perro Attractivo in parenthesis.  One night the MC called me Perro Sexivo and it stuck.  No, it's not my stage name, but it's what I call myself whenever I feel good.  Soy un perro sexivo.

I wanted to make a blog out of Perro Sexivo, because I am a strangely motivated person.  If I'm gonna do something just for me, I tend to put it off.  But if I know other people are involved somehow, I get results.  So I'm using this blog in the hopes that people will read it and want to hear updates.  And I'm not gonna say no.  Dammit.

I hope this blog manages to give me the motivation I somehow manage to refuse myself, and hope you all have a great time reading it, too.

Later.
-Justin

1 comment:

  1. Get your ass going! Proud of you man .

    I, too, have been battling my weight for ten years. I am technically, medically obese ...but man I'm still so sexy, well once in awhile, in the right light and pair of heels.

    Back to the gym is a constant thing I'm getting back into. I dream about food. I love being active but getting to my 'ideal' weight seems close to impossible . I just want to get into a bathing suit without looking like the cute pregnant one.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete