Friday, January 14, 2011

Twice in three days? Damn...

Went back to the gym today.  Ow.

When I first exited the locker room, the ellipticals were taken, so I figured I'd go onto the cross ramp.

I could only do six minutes on that bad boy.  My left calf started hurting like a bee-yatch.  Like a really bad strain.  Luckily, by then, an elliptical opened up.  So I hopped on before someone else got a hold of it.

My calf was really aching, to the point where I contemplated calling it a day and going back home.  But I stuck through it and after about fifteen minutes it didn't hurt anymore.  Ended up doing 30 minutes altogether on the elliptical.

Went over to the machines.  I could only do three before everything started hurting.

Normally I would have used this to bring me down.  All "woe is me, I can only do three machines."  But I'm not in the mood for that.

Instead, I am looking back at what I used to be able to do before my little gym break.  And telling myself that I was capable of doing a heck of a lot more than I am now.  And telling myself I can definitely get back to that state.  No.  Check that.  I will get back to that state.


Soon I'm going to be going back to an environment that wasn't always 100% positive for me.  It's an environment I let define me.  But during my hiatus, I realized that I am a good person and I do deserve good things.

Go ahead and tell me I'm not a fighter.  I'll kick your ass and prove you wrong.


Later.
-Justin

1 comment:

  1. With that outlook, you'll accomplish whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete